- Locatie: Amsterdam
- Afdeling: IT
- Sluit: 30-09-2019
- Opleiding: hbo, wo
- Ref. 3720
Vacature openDe vacature staat open, we ontvangen graag je sollicitatie.
Gesprekken geplandDe eerste kandidaten komen op gesprek. Je kunt nog steeds solliciteren, maar wacht niet te lang.
Afrondende gesprekkenDe afrondende gesprekken zijn gepland. Mocht je nog willen solliciteren, dan moet je heel snel zijn.
IngevuldWe hebben onze nieuwe collega gevonden. Solliciteren is helaas niet meer mogelijk, maar we nodigen je uit om te reageren op andere vacatures.
Your job as a BI Infra & Platform Automation Engineer
KPN N.V. is the leading telecommunications, network and IT service provider in the Netherlands. Having a big customer base and wide portfolio of services, KPN produces vast amounts of data with constant variability and growth. We are looking for a new BI Infra & Platform Services Automation and Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, to participate in our full stack back-end team, currently focused on serving the internal data needs of the most modern and advanced KPN group – Technium
As a BI I&P automation engineer you will
- Participate in a self-managed agile team with broad Systems and Infrastructure expertise
- Work with modern and often open-source technologies available in the Automation ,Cloud and BI space
- Contribute to development of future ready application and data platform on premise and in Cloud to serve the needs of business
- Provide guidance and support to various feature teams in the development and use of the self-service platform
- Gather requirements, participate in design and implementation of new back-end services and infrastructure features
- Investigate problems and implement quick as well as long term resolutions
Skills relevant for the position
- Experience with AWS services as S3 , EC2 , Lambda , EMR , KMS , Athena
- Scripting skills in Bash and hands-on experience with a modern programming language like Python/Go
- Streams processing with KAFKA and scheduling with Airflow
- Infrastructure automation with Ansible and CloudFormation
- Experience with core Big Data technologies as HDFS, Map Reduce, YARN, SPARK, Presto, Hive, Flume, Hue
- Knowledge of security and access control with Ambari, Ranger, Knox with AD & Kerberos
- Monitoring using Zabbix, Grafana, CloudWatch, ELK
- Building CI/CD pipelines using GIT, Jenkins
- Networks – at least a basic understanding of networks – Layer2, TCP/IP, DNS, Proxy Servers and Firewalls is required
- Experience in Linux system admin fundamentals
- Containerization – Docker, Kubernetes
- ETL with AWS Glue
- Realtime streaming application development in SPARK using Python/Scala
- Cloud Datawarehousing solutions like Redshift/Snowflake
- NoSQL databases like HBASE/MongoDB/Cassandra
- Cloud cost control strategies
- 5+ years hands-on experience in design, system engineering, automation or support at a leading technology or end-user computing organization;
- 1+ years experience with Hadoop Administration
- 1+ years’ experience implementing processes with HDFS, MapReduce / YARN, Hive.
- 1+ years’ hands on experience with HDFS, and NoSQL database such as HBASE, Cassandra on large data sets.
- 1+ year's hands on experience in designing/building scalable , secure , elastic applications and/or data platforms on AWS
- Experience in performance tuning and any programming languages preferably python
- 2 + years experience in an agile environment with good understanding of Agile/Scrum/DevOps philosophies
What do we expect from you?
- Ability to quickly learn new things and openness towards new tools and technologies
- Demonstrate a keen interest in, and fair understanding of, “big data” technology and the business trends that are driving the adoption of this technology.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills; particularly those that apply to a Big Data environment on premise or Cloud
- Strong understanding of data structures, modelling and Data Warehousing.
- Team-oriented individual with excellent interpersonal, planning, coordination, and problem-solving skills.
- High degree of initiative and the ability to work independently and follow-through on assignments.
- Excellent communications skill in English.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or relevant fields.
Who are we?
KPN is the largest Telecommunications & IT-services company in The Netherlands. Currently, KPN is going through a transition to become the best service provider in the Netherlands. KPN Technium is part of KPN’s Simplification & Innovation program. This mature business unit is a frontrunner in the digital world by simplifications and innovations. Online must be fast and user-friendly, development and operations must be quick and short cycled (through Agile / Scrum / DevOps).
So, do you know a lot about digital, online, Omnichannel, e-commerce, web and apps? Are you innovative, creative, practical and open-minded? Common with Agile and Scrum or eager to learn? Do you want to be part of a rapidly changing innovative online environment?
Be part of the change, make a difference and join KPN Technium in Amsterdam! We have a very cool office with the possibility to relax and play in our game room between the important and challenging work that you're doing here. Besides the inspiring environment, we are known for our legendary Technium parties, Hackathons and sports events.
We are looking forward to your application. For more information about this job or procedure, please contact Derek van Zalingen, KPN Technium Recruitment via email: derek,firstname.lastname@example.org