- Locatie: Amsterdam
- Afdeling: IT
- Sluit: 30-11-2019
- Opleiding: hbo, wo
- Ref. 3699
Vacature openDe vacature staat open, we ontvangen graag je sollicitatie.
Gesprekken geplandDe eerste kandidaten komen op gesprek. Je kunt nog steeds solliciteren, maar wacht niet te lang.
Afrondende gesprekkenDe afrondende gesprekken zijn gepland. Mocht je nog willen solliciteren, dan moet je heel snel zijn.
IngevuldWe hebben onze nieuwe collega gevonden. Solliciteren is helaas niet meer mogelijk, maar we nodigen je uit om te reageren op andere vacatures.
Your amazing job as (Senior) Applications & Information Security Consultant
KPN Technium is the innovative part of KPN that is responsible for almost all business and consumer IT including web and mobile applications and all data behind it. The organization consist of a complex landscape of several suppliers, systems and boundary conditions with an Agile / devops work methodology. To guarantee a consistent and secure development process, the safe use and storage of (customer) data complying with privacy laws and (KPN) requirements there is a demand for a process which checks and verifies if all standards will be met.
Working in a small team focused on information security management and data privacy & security, in this role you need to implement regular benchmark exercises in information and data environments and translating the results into actual business risks and concrete actions, consult development teams on network information security and data privacy regulations related matters. As an expert you are a hands on technical security consultant, able to guide teams and bring the organization as a whole on a higher (security) maturity level. Are you ready to open up your mind and start innovating?
In this role you are (with a small team) responsible for:
- Analyze and prioritize encountered security issues in terms of business impact and mitigation both during operations as innovation;
- Provide advice and support to Agile teams with respect to security issues and improve the general level of awareness
- Communication with all stakeholders, advise & challenge security solutions based on KPN Security Ruleset advice teams on mitigation measurements
- Support the Risk Assessments (or Agile alternative) by providing input for risk determination and mitigation advise
- Implement and provide training for the use of security tooling within the agile teams
- Develop new solutions from scratch
- Unique vocal and consistent issue database, Solution stack for outstanding issues
- Living security you are passionate about information and / or network security.
- Not depending on hierarchy you convince through your maturity and expertise.
- Relevant hands-on experience with Applications Security
- Experience in a similar position or enough experience to grow to this position
- You seek big challenges in big environment where your solutions will affect the business directly
- You are not only technical but also a communicator and motivator
- Has a deep understanding of web application security (e.g. can teach the full OWASP top 10)
- Has knowledge on classical network security, cloud, control frameworks
- Can read, interpret, and provide guidance to mitigation for penetration and code review reports
- Has an understanding on how to deal with incident response (eg CERT and SOC)
- Has the ability to explain issues to technical teams and security managers (eg CISO)
- Non-security skills
- Understands how modern software development works (Agile, DevOps)
- Understands the various types of automation in modern environments
- Understands the benefits and pitfalls of automation
- Can communicate on both technical level as board level
- Is able to communicate on operational, tactical, and strategic level
- Can present to people and train people
- Can communicate in both English and preferably in Dutch
What do we offer?
- The breaking edge innovation department of KPN, where you can work 100% SCRUM with more than 10 teams
- 37-hour week, a bonus of 10.5% of your gross monthly salary (CAO budget), travel allowance, mobile phone and laptop, 50% discount on KPN's products and services, excellent pension scheme, and more
- Excellent development and training opportunities (KPN Academy) plus a personal training budget of € 1500. In fact, we expect from you that you can continue to develop!
Who are we?
KPN is the largest Telecommunications & IT-services company in The Netherlands. Currently, KPN is going through a transition to become the best service provider in the Netherlands. KPN Technium is part of KPN’s Simplification & Innovation program. This mature business unit is a frontrunner in the digital world by simplifications and innovations. Online must be fast and user-friendly, development and operations must be quick and short cycled (through Agile / Scrum / DevOps).
So, do you know a lot about digital, online, Omnichannel, e-commerce, web and apps? Are you innovative, creative, practical and open-minded? Common with Agile and Scrum or eager to learn? Do you want to be part of a rapidly changing innovative online environment?
Be part of the change, make a difference and join KPN Technium in Amsterdam! We have a very cool office with the possibility to relax and play in our game room between the important and challenging work that you're doing here. Besides the inspiring environment, we are known for our legendary Technium parties, Hackathons and sports events.
We are looking forward to your application. For more information about this job or procedure, you can contact Derek van Zalingen, KPN Digital Recruitment, via email: email@example.com