- Locatie: Amsterdam
- Afdeling: IT
- Sluit: 31-01-2020
- Opleiding: hbo, wo
- Ref. 3758
Vacature openDe vacature staat open, we ontvangen graag je sollicitatie.
Gesprekken geplandDe eerste kandidaten komen op gesprek. Je kunt nog steeds solliciteren, maar wacht niet te lang.
Afrondende gesprekkenDe afrondende gesprekken zijn gepland. Mocht je nog willen solliciteren, dan moet je heel snel zijn.
IngevuldWe hebben onze nieuwe collega gevonden. Solliciteren is helaas niet meer mogelijk, maar we nodigen je uit om te reageren op andere vacatures.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Are you ready for a new challenge in the field of Metadata, where you can help KPN to perform on a next level? Are you a motivated developer, with experience in data management? Are you an enthusiastic team player, eager to learn and a true goal getter? Do you like to work in an Agile environment and do you want to be part of our new SCRUM team? Then this job might be the perfect job for you!
Our metadata team is part of the KPN data department: called the Data Office. We develop and maintain our data integration and data management solutions and many more.
The ambition of the Data Office is to make KPN a data driven company: we create insights in the right data with the right quality to be able to make the right decisions for KPN and KPN customers. Different teams are reaching out for this goal through innovating from client needs, keeping things lean and simple and developing on an incremental basis.
Our metadata team is a scrum team within the Data Office. Our purpose is to unveil the meaning of data by building the google for KPN data and to transform KPN into a completely data driven company. We aim for continuously creating value by developing metadata management capabilities to support data governance. To achieve our goal we work together with both different innovation teams as with various business stakeholders from for instance process management and legal departments (GDPR compliancy).
Our Way of Working
Within our department we have adapted Agile and mainly work according to the Scrum methodology. We are convinced of the value of “We Make-We Own” and have embedded OPS in our development teams. We aim for the best results by hiring best-in-class developers and giving the teams as much autonomy as possible . We believe we create an inspiring environment for personal development (Future Fit Friday) and a great and fun place to work!
- You are responsible to design, build and deploy capabilities using the newest technologies
- You perform analysis for source and target metadata-models, ensure adherence to locally defined standards for all developed components and develop new capabilities of the KPN metadata framework
- Working together with source application specialists to resolve source metadata issues and refine transformation rules, supporting onboarding and migrations, developing and documenting mappings.
- You are a strong team player: you believe in co-creation, you are open to feedback / feedforward, you share knowledge and you coach your colleagues and stakeholders
- You have a critical mind and challenge the status quo when needed
- You are a confident storyteller and a true believer of the benefits of a data driven world
- You have the drive to exceed expectations and to keep learning
- You have excellent problem-solving, organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills in English
- You have a work permit for The Netherlands or a EU passport
- 5+ years of working experience working with Linux OS (the more years, the better)
- Extensive experience in scripting through Shell/Bash/Python or other languages;
- Profound with CI/CD and DevOps tooling like any of the following products: Ansible, Git, Jenkins, ELK-stack, Docker etc.
- You have proven experience in designing and developing data driven solutions
- You have proven experience in modern program languages and API development
- Preferably you have experienced working in an Agile environment using the Scrum methodology
- You have experience in the data management field (preferably >3 Years), especially in data governance (security, policies, rules, compliancy)
- Working in the inspiring innovation department of KPN
- Permanent contract, starting with 1-year contract and intention for an permanent contract
- 37-hour week, a bonus of 10.5% of your gross monthly salary (CAO budget), travel allowance, mobile phone and laptop, 50% discount on KPN's products and services, excellent pension scheme.
- Excellent development and training opportunities (KPN Academy) plus a personal training budget of €1500,-. In fact, we expect from you that you continuously develop your professional skills!
We are looking forward to your application. For more information about this job or procedure, you can contact Derek, KPN Technium Recruitment, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org