- Locatie: Amsterdam
- Afdeling: IT
- Sluit: 30-06-2019
- Opleiding: hbo, wo
- Ref. 3569
Vacature openDe vacature staat open, we ontvangen graag je sollicitatie.
Gesprekken geplandDe eerste kandidaten komen op gesprek. Je kunt nog steeds solliciteren, maar wacht niet te lang.
Afrondende gesprekkenDe afrondende gesprekken zijn gepland. Mocht je nog willen solliciteren, dan moet je heel snel zijn.
IngevuldWe hebben onze nieuwe collega gevonden. Solliciteren is helaas niet meer mogelijk, maar we nodigen je uit om te reageren op andere vacatures.
Your role as Senior Fullstack Software Engineer
The environment you will be working in.
KPN Technium and in particular the MIJN KPN-team is looking for an sr. software engineer. The MijnKPN environment serves both Web and APP (IOS/Android). It supports at least 1,5 MIO customers every month. Working for MijnKPN means making the difference, since there’s no environment with more customer interaction. Soon we will introduce M2M interaction like Siri, Google Assistant as well. In the overall strategy of KPN the MijnKPN APP/Web is explicitly mentioned as the enablers of KPN’s success.
Technical platform you work on
We value optimising processes and applying cutting edge technologies over getting in more developers to achieve scaling. We are applying this believe to our development process as we want a unified workflow for Web, iOS and Android, hence we are creating a new technical platform/framework with latest technologies as we speak. Apart from this our approach is to shift most business and UI logic to backends and serving a thin frontend to enable flexibility. The frontend is currently based on React-Native and React to interpret the backend and enrich it with platform specific features. Our backend is based on Python. Furthermore we work with Docker, Kubernetes, Pytest, etc.
We take pride in the recent launch of the new MijnKPN App which based on our newly developed framework. We are definitely not finished yet and have enough functional and technical challenges ahead of us. That is where you come in …
What do we expect from you?
- You are the “Senior Software Engineer” with natural leader capabilities
- You have a drive and take initiative to automate but eliminate first
- You have an Agile mindset supporting teamwork, ownership, empirical development and Way-of Works like Scrum and Scrumban
- You’re continuously looking for improvements and proactively finding ways to implement them
- You own what you build and aim for delivery the best possible solutions while taking others along with you in that purpose
- Strong communication skills being able to influence and cooperate with people around you
More technically we expect:
- Testing principles and experience: Unit Testing, E2E testing
- Medium Frontend development experience – HTML5/CSS3,
- SOLID Principles
It is nice to have:
- Mobile platform development (iOS/Andoid) experience
- Asynchronous backend development experience
- Pytest-BDD experience
- Mobile E2E testing, preferably with Detox
- Experience with implementing and using CI/CD flows
What do we offer?
- The ability for huge personal growth. You will work with 5 sr. developers in a real High Performing autonomous scrum team which values real agile mindset, high-quality standards and an incredible level of test automation, serving DevOps as well(We Make… We Own)
- The breaking edge innovation department of KPN, where you can work 100% SCRUM with more than 10 teams
- 37-hour week, a bonus of 12.5% of your gross monthly salary (CAO budget), travel allowance, mobile phone and laptop, 50% discount on KPN's products and services, excellent pension scheme, and more
- Excellent development and training opportunities (KPN Academy) plus a personal training budget of € 1000. In fact, we expect from you that you can continue to develop!
Who are we?
KPN is the largest Telecommunications & IT-services company in The Netherlands. Currently, KPN is going through a transition to become the best service provider in the Netherlands. KPN Technium is part of KPN’s Simplification & Innovation program. This mature business unit is a frontrunner in the digital world by simplifications and innovations. Online must be fast and user-friendly, development and operations must be quick and short cycled (through Agile / Scrum / DevOps).
So, do you know a lot about digital, online, Omnichannel, e-commerce, web and apps? Are you innovative, creative, practical and open-minded? Common with Agile and Scrum or eager to learn? Do you want to be part of a rapidly changing innovative online environment?
Be part of the change, make a difference and join KPN Technium in Amsterdam! We have a very cool office with the possibility to relax and play in our game room between the important and challenging work that you're doing here. Besides the inspiring environment, we are known for our legendary Technium parties, Hackathons and sports events.
We are looking forward to your application. For more information about this job or procedure, you can contact Wouter Koeleman, KPN Technium Recruitment, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org