- Locatie: Amsterdam
- Afdeling: Data & Analytics
- Sluit: 15-06-2019
- Opleiding: hbo, wo
- Ref. 3665
Vacature openDe vacature staat open, we ontvangen graag je sollicitatie.
Gesprekken geplandDe eerste kandidaten komen op gesprek. Je kunt nog steeds solliciteren, maar wacht niet te lang.
Afrondende gesprekkenDe afrondende gesprekken zijn gepland. Mocht je nog willen solliciteren, dan moet je heel snel zijn.
IngevuldWe hebben onze nieuwe collega gevonden. Solliciteren is helaas niet meer mogelijk, maar we nodigen je uit om te reageren op andere vacatures.
Your job as a Streaming Data Engineer
As a member of the KPN Streaming team, you will work with, and learn from the best people in the industry as you help KPN define the data streaming strategy, architect and implement these road maps, and bring to life revolutionary new analytics and insights.
Working on the infrastructure that has the ambition to process millions of simultaneous connections, host information products for thousands of developers and Gigabytes of data per second. That provides trust to enable organizations to share datasources and connected devices for specific use cases and helps the Netherlands to seize the opportunity of Smart.
KPN Data & Information is the department which helps Businesses and the Data & Analytics unit to innovation for KPN data landscape. The ambition is to make KPN a simplified company, ready for the digital world. This department plays a key role in this. We reach this goal through innovating from client needs, keeping things very simple and delivering on a short cycle basis (via Agile/SCRUM). For KPN and KPN customers we create insights to be able to make correct decisions For example Campaigning, Next Best Actions and Portfolio management.
As an experienced Streaming Data Engineer you are responsible for working within autonomous scrum team, innovating (design, build and test) the KPN Streaming solution(s).
- Master Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Articial Intelligence field of study or equivalent work experience. Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
- Hands-on experience with (streaming) data frameworks and tools (Spark, Flink, Storm, Samza, Kafka,…).
- Knowledge of Linux OS and scripting languages (shell, python…).
- Experience with network programming and/or server-side projects, preferably: cloud computing, cloud storage, and applicable microservices of variety of platforms (like: AWS, Azure, Alibaba, IBM, Google,…)
- Knowledge of continuous integration Systems (Stash, Ansible, Git,..)
- Experience with containerized applications, like: Docker, Kubernetes and DS/OS – Mesos
- Interested or experience in working with with distributed systems, like: Kubernetes and DS/OS – Mesos
- Experience working directly with (internal and/or external) customers, leading workshops, gathering solution requirements
- Flexibility to work in three locations: Amsterdam Sloterdijk, Rotterdam and sometimes go to Antwerpen for training
- Passion and ability to learn about new technologies.
- Language: fluent in English is mandatory, Dutch is a plus.
What do we offer?
- The ability for huge personal growth. You will work with sr. developers in a real High Performing autonomous scrum team which values real agile mindset, high-quality standards and an incredible level of test automation, serving DevOps as well(We Make… We Own)
- The breaking edge innovation department of KPN, where you can work 100% SCRUM with more than 10 teams
- 37-hour week, a bonus of 12.5% of your gross monthly salary (CAO budget), travel allowance, mobile phone and laptop, 50% discount on KPN's products and services, excellent pension scheme, and more
- Excellent development and training opportunities (KPN Academy) plus a personal training budget of € 1000. In fact, we expect from you that you can continue to develop!
We are looking forward to your application. For more information about this job or procedure, you can contact Wouter Koeleman, KPN Technium Recruitment, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org