- Locatie: Amsterdam
- Afdeling: IT
- Sluit: 31-01-2020
- Opleiding: hbo, wo
- Ref. 3715
Vacature openDe vacature staat open, we ontvangen graag je sollicitatie.
Gesprekken geplandDe eerste kandidaten komen op gesprek. Je kunt nog steeds solliciteren, maar wacht niet te lang.
Afrondende gesprekkenDe afrondende gesprekken zijn gepland. Mocht je nog willen solliciteren, dan moet je heel snel zijn.
IngevuldWe hebben onze nieuwe collega gevonden. Solliciteren is helaas niet meer mogelijk, maar we nodigen je uit om te reageren op andere vacatures.
Cloud Infra Engineer
Your job as a Cloud Infra Engineer in the Infrastructure & Platform Team
As a Cloud Infra Engineer you will be working with on prem Infrastructure and Cloud (AWS), where the future focus is on Public Cloud. We make use of different technologies and do run different platforms as we are in a hybrid situation and do want to focus on migrating our different services to the AWS stack. We develop, deliver and support the different stacks fully and therefor share this responsibility in our team. Availability of our infrastructure and platforms is a key for our end users. As a Cloud Infra engineer you will be responsible for the design, development, configuration and maintenance of these highly available & distributed solutions and platforms. You’ll be working in an international team existing of system-, application- and platform engineers. We support autonomy and work in a flat organization way.
What do we expect?
- Strong experience in development, configuration and maintenance of (Cloud) Infrastructure solutions on top of virtualized infrastructure and public cloud
- Experienced with AWS and willing to get certified in a short time notice
- Strong OS skills Linux/CentOS
- Excellent troubleshooting skills of system, network, and application related issues
- Working knowledge on CI/CD tools like Jenkins, GIT, Salt, Ansible, Atlassian stack
- Strong understanding of Container technologies like Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience with public cloud, e.g. AWS (EC2, ELB, EBS, RDS, S3) is plus
- Experience with deploying and operating databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL and others is a plus
- Knowledge of Bash, Golang and Python is plus
- Ability to execute given assignments in a self-directed manner and take ownership. Able to handle multiple projects or responsibilities in parallel
- Love of all-things automation, and passion for open source technologies and tools
- Experience with monitoring of Kubernetes using e.g. Prometheus and Grafana is plus
What will you do?
- Work together with your team to Define a migration strategy for moving to AWS Public Cloud
- Configure and operate our cloud platforms solutions. Work closely with Applications teams on various operational cases related to (Cloud) Infrastructure where you develop, configure and continuously improve solutions based on the team’s needs
- Build and configure various services needed by users
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues related to our platforms and services
- Be part of the on-call support on rotation basis
- Support other groups of system engineers, contribute in knowledge sharing, meetups
- Stay up to date with latest technologies and trends, propose improvements, suggest changes and participate in team decisions
Who are we?
KPN is the largest Telecommunications & IT-services company in The Netherlands. Currently, KPN is going through a transition to become the best service provider in the Netherlands. KPN Technium is part of KPN’s Simplification & Innovation program. This mature business unit is a frontrunner in the digital world by simplifications and innovations. Online must be fast and user-friendly, development and operations must be quick and short cycled (through Agile / Scrum / DevOps).
So, do you know a lot about digital, online, Omnichannel, e-commerce, web and apps? Are you innovative, creative, practical and open-minded? Common with Agile and Scrum or eager to learn? Do you want to be part of a rapidly changing innovative online environment?
Be part of the change, make a difference and join KPN Technium in Amsterdam! We have a very cool office with the possibility to relax and play in our game room between the important and challenging work that you're doing here. Besides the inspiring environment, we are known for our legendary Technium parties, Hackathons and sports events.
We are looking forward to your application. For more information about this job or procedure, you can contact Derek van Zalingen, KPN Technium Recruitment, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org