- Locatie: Amsterdam
- Afdeling: IT
- Sluit: 29-02-2020
- Opleiding: hbo, wo
- Ref. 3760
Vacature openDe vacature staat open, we ontvangen graag je sollicitatie.
Gesprekken geplandDe eerste kandidaten komen op gesprek. Je kunt nog steeds solliciteren, maar wacht niet te lang.
Afrondende gesprekkenDe afrondende gesprekken zijn gepland. Mocht je nog willen solliciteren, dan moet je heel snel zijn.
IngevuldWe hebben onze nieuwe collega gevonden. Solliciteren is helaas niet meer mogelijk, maar we nodigen je uit om te reageren op andere vacatures.
Your job as Data Engineer in the FMS DevOps Team
Our team maintains and develops the Fraud Management Systems (FMS) application that is focused on quick detection of fraud and high usage by KPN customers, and gives access to data necessary for judicial investigations. In short: we are on top of the data of all KPN traffic and ensure that these confidential data are dealt with carefully and with respect for privacy.
Our scrum team consists of 6 people of various nationalities and we are located in Amsterdam. Our purpose is to minimize revenue leakage for KPN. We aim to maximize the opportunities for the teams of credit risk, fraud detection and compliance. We are committed to providing complete information at high speed with secure, futureproof, cost effective and configurable solutions that will create a wow factor for all stakeholders.
We are now transitioning towards a streaming based platform: moving from a batch file driven system to consuming and producing event logs to ensure (near) real time data, and making this available through our own developed front end.
Are you the one we are looking for?
As a Data Engineer, you will reinforce our DevOps team. You are passionate about learning new technologies and sharing knowledge, and add value in our transition to data streaming. You have a real DevOps mentality: both development and operations are important to you, and you are always looking for opportunities to improve. Our team provides 7*24 stand-by service, and you will be part of on call availability (one week every 5 weeks).
Some hard requirements:
- Hands-on experience in (streaming) data frameworks and tools (Spark or Kafka)
- Experience with containerized applications, like Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of continuous integration systems (Git, Jenkins)
- Script- and programming knowledge (SQL, PL/SQL, ETL)
- Knowledge of linux OS and scripting languages (shell or perl)
- Capable of handling high volumes of data and high performance demands
- Experienced in working in an Agile/ DevOps team
- You have an EU passport
- You are fluent in English, Dutch is a plus
Some important personal qualities we are looking for:
- Very keen on understanding and applying business logic of data
- Passionate about learning new technologies
- Good communication skills
- Positive, proactive attitude
- Focused on continuous improvement
- You are a team player and like having fun with the team
We are looking forward to your application. For more information about this job or procedure, please contact Derek van Zalingen, KPN Technium Recruitment via email: email@example.com