- Locatie: Amsterdam Sloterdijk
- Afdeling: IT
- Sluit: 15-12-2018
- Opleiding: HBO, WO
- Ref. 3543
Vacature openDe vacature staat open, we ontvangen graag je sollicitatie.
Gesprekken geplandDe eerste kandidaten komen op gesprek. Je kunt nog steeds solliciteren, maar wacht niet te lang.
Afrondende gesprekkenDe afrondende gesprekken zijn gepland. Mocht je nog willen solliciteren, dan moet je heel snel zijn.
IngevuldWe hebben onze nieuwe collega gevonden. Solliciteren is helaas niet meer mogelijk, maar we nodigen je uit om te reageren op andere vacatures.
Your job as a Senior Developer
As a Senior Developer you, together with the team, are responsible for simplification and improvement of the user experience for online products and services of KPN.
This means participating in key projects of KPN Technium, using innovative technologies and following agile software development principles.
As a Senior Developer you are responsible for:
- Development of REST APIs within a micro-service architecture team with high quality and high availability as must.
- Getting the team to a higher scrum/Agile level, improving yourself as well
- Hands-on mentoring less experienced developer.
What do we expect from you:
- You have at least 4 years experience developing APIs with Python/Django. Experience with other frameworks (and OO languages) is also valued, although Python/Django is desired.
- You have experience and understand the value of continuous integration systems.
- You understand the value of automated testing in software development.
- You understand the Agile mindset and Scrum way-of-work.
- You are a great team player but you are also capable of working autonomously when needed.
- You have good communication skills in English.
The following skills are a plus (nice to have):
- You have experience with test automation tools like Robot Framework, Selenium, Browserstack
- You have a strong security mindset, applied to the context of web APIs and browser applications.
- You are experienced with RESTful web services and micro-service architectures.
- Although you have strong backend foundation, you have a good understanding of the web stack (from the server to the web browser or mobile app).
- You have knowledge of frontend development and you are willing to do fullstack development.
- You have knowledge of relational databases and main factors involved in database design.
What do we offer?
- The ability for huge personal growth. You will work with 5 sr. developers in a real High Performing autonomous scrum team which values real agile mindset, high-quality standards and an incredible level of test automation, serving DevOps as well(We Make… We Own)
- The breaking edge innovation department of KPN, where you can work 100% SCRUM with more than 10 teams
- 37-hour week, a bonus of 12.5% of your gross monthly salary (CAO budget), travel allowance, mobile phone and laptop, 50% discount on KPN's products and services, excellent pension scheme, and more
- Excellent development and training opportunities (KPN Academy) plus a personal training budget of € 1000. In fact, we expect from you that you can continue to develop!
Who are we?
KPN is the largest Telecommunications & IT-services company in The Netherlands. Currently, KPN is going through a transition to become the best service provider in the Netherlands. KPN Technium is part of KPN’s Simplification & Innovation program. This mature business unit is a frontrunner in the digital world by simplifications and innovations. Online must be fast and user-friendly, development and operations must be quick and short cycled (through Agile / Scrum / DevOps).
So, do you know a lot about digital, online, Omnichannel, e-commerce, web and apps? Are you innovative, creative, practical and open-minded? Common with Agile and Scrum or eager to learn? Do you want to be part of a rapidly changing innovative online environment?
Be part of the change, make a difference and join KPN Technium in Amsterdam! We have a very cool office with the possibility to relax and play in our game room between the important and challenging work that you're doing here. Besides the inspiring environment, we are known for our legendary Technium parties, Hackathons and sports events.
We are looking forward to your application. For more information about this job or procedure, you can contact Wouter Koeleman, KPN Technium Recruitment, via email: email@example.com