- Locatie: Rotterdam
- Afdeling: Data & Analytics
- Sluit: 31-08-2019
- Opleiding: hbo, wo
- Ref. 3574
Vacature openDe vacature staat open, we ontvangen graag je sollicitatie.
Gesprekken geplandDe eerste kandidaten komen op gesprek. Je kunt nog steeds solliciteren, maar wacht niet te lang.
Afrondende gesprekkenDe afrondende gesprekken zijn gepland. Mocht je nog willen solliciteren, dan moet je heel snel zijn.
IngevuldWe hebben onze nieuwe collega gevonden. Solliciteren is helaas niet meer mogelijk, maar we nodigen je uit om te reageren op andere vacatures.
Your job as a Site Reliability Engineer
The initial focus of the role will be in our Operations team to support and improve the operational reliability and efficiency of our cloud-native data services platforms. Monitoring, support and problem resolution of our global platforms using a follow the sun principle, in which each of the regions has responsibility for operational governance during their business normal hours. However, the emphasis for the role will be on the further development of automation and orchestration tools.
In this role you will be able to
- gather, assess and diagnose information from customers and systems;
- logically problem solve in real-time;
- decide and act on remediation actions;
- further develop our operations tools and processes based on what you and others in our team learn
What do we expect from you
Interest and proficiency in software development are essential, as you are expected to develop your skill set beyond Operations into areas such as DevOps, Data Engineering and Data Science. There will be an initial training period in Antwerp with our European team, and an expectation that you continue to learn and develop with our support.
You may be asked to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of a number of tools, technologies and languages as part of the recruitment process – including Jenkins, Vagrant, Ansible, Github, Terraform, Docker, Python and Go. You are not expected to demonstrate proficiency in all of these when you join our team, but you will be expected to learn quickly.
What do we offer?
- Working in an inspiring innovation department of KPN where you can work 100% SCRUM with more than 10 teams
- Permanent contract, starting with 1-year contract and intention for an permanent contract
- 37-hour week, a bonus of 12.5% of your gross monthly salary (CAO budget), travel allowance, mobile phone and laptop, 50% discount on KPN's products and services, excellent pension scheme.
- Excellent development and training opportunities (KPN Academy) plus a personal training budget of €1000. In fact, we expect from you that you can continue to develop!
Who are we?
KPN is the largest Telecommunications & IT-services company in The Netherlands. Currently KPN is going through a transition to become the best service provider in the Netherlands. So, do you know a lot about digital, online, Omni channel, e-commerce, web and apps? Are you innovative, creative, practical and open minded? Common with Agile and Scrum or eager to learn? Do you want to be part of a rapidly changing innovative online environment?
Be part of the change, make a difference and join KPN HomeOfData